Research & Statistics
Research is the foundation of knowledge. It is searching for knowledge and searching for truth. It is an important source for providing guidelines or norms for solving different social, business or governmental problems. Research helps restore and protect memory and enhances mathematic and problem solving skills.
Statistics is a branch of mathematics dealing with the collection, analysis, interpretation and presentation of masses of numerical data. It is a method of interpreting, analyzing and summarizing the data.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
- To test the validity of instruments, procedures and experiments.
- It helps in interpretation of facts, revision of accepted theories or laws in the light of new facts.
- Statistical analysis helps in defining the type and quantity of data to be collected.
- Statistics includes analyzing data and drawing conclusions from it.
CONCERN OF DEPARTMENT
- Conducting research develops a better understanding and enhances decision making capabilities.
- The process of research opens up new opportunities for learning and growth.
- Doing research gives solid foundation on which one can build ideas and opinions.
- Statistics helps in providing better understanding and accurate description.
- It helps in collecting appropriate quantitative data.
- 1 student from our Institution had worked under the scheme of Short term Research grants for undergraduate students of institutions affiliated to RGUHS for the year 2020-21.
- 1 student from our Institution worked under the scheme of Short term Research grants for undergraduate students of institutions affiliated to RGUHS for the year 2022-23.
- 5 students from our Institution have applied for Short term Research grants for undergraduate students of institutions affiliated to RGUHS for the year 2022-23.