BSAM, BAMS, MD (Ayu), MSc & PhD (Yoga).
Recipient of Gold Medal & Karnataka State Award in BSAM.
||Vice-Chancellor, Swamy Vivekananda Yoga AnusandhanaSamsthana(S-VYASA),PrashanthiKuteeram, Jodibingipura, Jigani, Anekal Taluk, Bangalore-560105, Mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph:080-22639973Mobile: +919902543943.
||Athreya Health Paradise, #2479/1, 17thMain,25thCross,Banashankari 2ndStage, Bangalore-560070.Tel:080-26710924,Mob:+919902543943, Mail:email@example.com
|Date of Birth:
||6-01-1954, Nationality: Indian Religion: Hindu.
||Sanskrit, English, Hindi, Kannada (RWS) Tamil, Urdu, Telugu and Malayalam (Spoken).
- PhD-Doctor of Philosophy (Yoga)-Research Study at Swami Vivekananda Yoga AnusandhanaSamsthana Deemed-to-be University (S-VYASA), Bangalore- 2007 to 2015.
- MSc (Yoga) -Master of Science (Yoga) 2 years PG Course from Swami Vivekananda Yoga AnusandhanaSamsthana Deemed-to-be University (S-VYASA), Bangalore- 2005 to 2007.
- MD (Ayu) -Doctor of Medicine (Ayurveda) in DravyaGunaVignana (Pharmacology), 3 years PG Course from Government Ayurvedic Medical College Bangalore, degree awarded by Bangalore University Bangalore, Karnataka- 1987 to 1991.
- BAMS (Bachelor of Ayurveda Medicine and Surgery) -1 ½ years Degree Course in Modern Medicine from Bangalore Medical college and Government Ayurvedic Medical College (GAMC), Bangalore, degree awarded by Bangalore University, Bangalore-1979 to1981.
- BSAM(Bachelor in the System ofAyurvedicMedicine)-5 ½ years Degree Course from Sri Jayachamarajendra Institute of Indian System of Medicine (SJIM), Government of Karnataka,degree awarded by Bangalore University, Bangalore –1971 to 1976.
- SecuredRank throughout BSAM degree course from Bangalore University, Bangalore - 1971 to 1976.
- Awarded with “Gold Medal” and “Karnataka State Award”by Govt of Karnataka for securing First Rank in Final year BSAM examination conducted by Bangalore University, Bangalore -1976.
- Higher Secondary (PUC): B M Shetty First Grade College KonanuruArakalagooduTq, Hassan Dist, Karnataka.
- Primary and Secondary: Government Primary and District Board High-School, Basavapatna, ArakalagooduTq, Hassan Dist, Karnataka.
ACADEMIC & ADMINISTRATIVE POSTS & POSITIONS HELD.
- Part-Time Non Official (Independent) Director, NALCO ( National Aluminium Company Ltd, Bhuvaneswar, Odisha, from 18th Nov 2021.
- Vice-Chancellor, Swamy Vivekananda Yoga AnusandhanaSamsthanaS-VYASA Deemed-to-be University, PrashanthiKuteeram, Jodibingipura,Jigani, Anekal Taluk, Bangalore pin-560105.-From 06th Feb 2019 to till date.
- Director,Yadalam Trust runningSushrutha Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital (SAMC&H), Sushrutha College & School of Nursing, Post Graduate Studies, PrashantiKuteeram, Jigani, Anekal Taluk, Bangalore-560105- From 03-05-2018 to till date.
- Chair Person, NEP, Expert Committee to draft model curriculum contents on Physical Education, Sports and Yoga, GOK from 10 Aug 2021 to till date.
- Member of the Advisory Council of Indian System of Medicine, NCIS, Ministry of AYUSH, Govt of India New Delhi, nominated by GOK 09th Aug 2021.
- Director Post Graduate Studies, (Additional Charge) Sushrutha Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore- From 12th Jan 2017 to 03-05-2018.
- Principal, Professor & HODDravyaGuna, Sushrutha Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore- From 02-06- 2007 to 03-05-2018.
- Professor & HOD DravyaGuna, Sushrutha Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore- From 01-02-2012 to 05-01-2019.
- Reader / Associate Professor DravyaGuna, Sushrutha Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore- From 01-02-2007 to 31.01-2012.
- Lecturer / Asst Professor DravyaGuna, and Ayurveda Siddantha Sushrutha Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Bangalore- From 31-01-2002 to 31.01.2007.
- Has served as Lecturer, Asst. Professor and Professor. at NMKRV and SSMRV colleges of RV Trust, Bangalore in the Dept. of Applied Botany and Plant Tissue Culture (BSc &MSc Applied Botany), teaching Ayurveda, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy and Pharmaceuticals for 11 years from 29th Aug 1997 to 27th Nov 2002.
- Liaising Officer for Covid-19 Research and Prophylaxis Protocol survey in Karnataka state appointed by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, New Delhi, from 8th May 2020.
- Vice-president (CCIM) Central Council of Indian Medicine, Government of India New Delhi from 27thMarch 2018 to 24th April 2020.
- Editor in Chief, “RJAS” – AYUSH Journal, RGUHS, Bangalore-from Aug-2019 to 2024.
- Member of the Steering Committee for Universalization of Traditional Indian Knowledge Systems (UTIKS), Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Ministry of External Affairs, Govt of India New Delhi, May 2020.
- Member of COVID-19 Management Advisory Committee to improve immunity and promotion of positive health, constituted by Dept of AYUSH, Govt of Karnataka Bangalore-May 2020.
- Chairperson, Human Ethics Committee for Research in AYUSH and Integrative Medicine, National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) Bangalore- from June 2020 to till date.
- Liaising Officer for Covid-19 Research and Prophylaxis Protocol Survey in Karnataka state, appointed by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India, New Delhi-From 8th May 2020.
- Member of the team, Constituted for Interaction with Stake Holders of AYUSH /Firms in connection withCOVID-19Epidemic control and support measures withHonourable Prime MinsterGovt of India dated 28th Mar 2020.
- Dean, of Life Sciences, S-VYASA Deemed-to-be University, PrashanthiKuteeram, Jigani, Bangalore- From 12th July 2018 to 5th Feb 2019.
- Director, School of Yoga and Naturopathic Medicine, S-VYASA Deemed-to-be University, PrashanthiKuteeram, Jigani, Bangalore- FromOctober 2016 to 06th Feb 2019.
- Professor (Visiting) S-VYASA Deemed-to-be University, PrashanthiKuteeramJigani, Bangalore- From2014 - 2019.
- Professor-Emeritus, in the department of DrvyaGuna atSushrutha Ayurvedic Medical College and Hospital, Bangalorefrom 05/01/2019.
- Chairman, PhD regulations committee on Ayurveda, CCIM, Ministry of AYUSH, GOI, New Delhi, 2019.
- President (CCIM) Central Council of Indian Medicine, Government of India New Delhi from 27thMarch 2018 to Oct-2018.
- Director R&D, Product development & quality control Vedic Bio Labs Pvt Ltd Bangalore from 03/03/1999 to 01/02/2018.
- Advisor Product Development & Research, Pradhan Herbal Company, Bangalore from 2001 to 2018.
- 1st Rank throughout BSAM degree, Awarded Gold Medal& Karnataka State Award for topping the University.
- Felicitated and awarded by RGUHS Bangalore, on the eve of Teachers Day celebrations “Certificate of Honour” in recognition of outstanding contributions the academic achievement in health sciences education and inspiring young minds as a teacher’s par excellence.
- Felicitated and awarded “Torch Bearer of Ayurveda”On the occasion of OJ 2017 Festival organised by World Ayurveda Foundation at Constitution Club of India, New Delhi on 6th& 7th of May 2017.
- Felicitated by the Sri J P Naddaji, Honorable Minister for Health & family Welfare Govt of India and Sri Ananth Kumar Honorable Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers & Parliamentary Affairs Govt of India New Delhi on the occasion of “Adhamiya Chetana Trust Celebration” Bangalore for rendering remarkable service and achievements in the field of Ayurveda, -2016.
Teaching Experience : 38 years of UG & PG Studies.
40 years of Integrative Medicine Practice (Ayurveda, Modern System of Medicine, Yoga & Naturopathy) at Athreya Health Paradise, BSK 2nd Stage, Bangalore, Chief Ayurveda Consultant and Physician at Arogyadhama, PrashanthiKuteeram, S-VYASA University, Bangalore.
23 years, including PG and PhD Studies. Has developed 90 Poly-Herbal Ayurvedic products based on the principles of Ayurvedic Pharmacology and Therapeutics.
Research papers &publications
Guided PG Dissertations, PhD Thesis, Published Papers, written scientific papers and delivered Lectures on the topics of Ayurveda & Yoga at National and International levels.
Statutory Boards and Authorities:
- Member of Senate, Syndicate, BOS, Academic Council & AYUSH faculty, RGUHS, Bangalore 2012-2019.
- Member of BOS, BOE, Academic Council and S-Vyasa Yoga University, PrashanthiKuteeram, Jigani, Bangalore 2014-2019.
- Member of Sub-Committee, Task Force for AYUSH, Government of India New Delhi 2014.
- Member of Sub-Committee, Karnataka Knowledge Commission, Government. of Karnataka, Bangalore 2017.
- Member of Karnataka Fee Regulatory Authority for professional Courses, Government of Karnataka, Bangalore 2018.
- Member of Karnataka State Medicinal Plants Board, Government of Karnataka, Bangalore 2012.
- Member of Integrative Cancer Programme (ICAP), Government of India, New Delhi 2018.
Conducted workshops and participated in Symposiums both at the National & International levels on the topics of Ayurveda &Yoga.
- Conducts Ayurveda & Yoga Workshops at Germany, Austria, Spain, Switzerland, Hong Kong, China, France, Italy, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailandfrom 2010 to 2019.
- Conducts IDY (International Day of Yoga) Programs in Germany & Austria from 2007-2019.
- Invited and participated in Guadalajara International Book Fair at Expo Guadalajara Mexico Sponsored National Book Trust India (NBT), Ministry of Human Resource Development Govt of India New Delhi, from 30th Nov to 08th Dec 2019.